Looking for new ideas on some amazing salad recipes you can use your cbd olive oil with? You’ve come to the right place. We want to make cooking with CBD mainstream, give these recipes a try if you’re looking to spice up your salad game with a unique ingredient.
If you aren’t necessarily gifted when it comes to cooking, don’t worry we got your back!
Classic vinaigrette dressing -- CBD version!
Since the vinaigrette dressing will be the base dressing for a couple of the salads mentioned today, we’re going to cover a simple recipe to make the dressing itself.
This is a nice and light salad dressing that’s guilt free because it’s not packed with bad fats you’d find in a mayo based dressing.
- ½ cup of Potli CBD Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Vinegar of choice (red wine, balsamic, white wine, or even our cbd apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon of Potli Feel Good CBD Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste (about a tablespoon of each)
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
Pour all the ingredients into a saucepan or measuring cup and whisk vigorously. This mixture stays good for about a week. Depending on the type of vinegar you use you’ll get different types of vinaigrettes. This is an amazing take on classic vinaigrette that has a triumvirate of 3 CBD infused ingredients.
CBD Lemon and olive oil dressing
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste (we recommend about 1 tablespoon of each, but season to your liking)
- ½ a cup of our Potli CBD Olive Oil
- 1 cup of lemon juice
From here simply put all the ingredients into a jar or covered tupperware and shake vigorously. Viola! You have a tasty and delicious CBD infused dressing you can use on your salad. Cooking with CBD can be that simple with the right creativity!
CBD Salad Ideas
- CBD Infused Greek Salad
- Salmon Cesar Salad with CBD croutons
- Cobb Salad with CBD Vinaigrette
- Kale and Quinoa CBD Salad
- Mozzarella Caprese CBD Salad
- CBD Pasta Salad
- CBD Antipasto Salad
One big benefit of choosing salad to add cbd to is that salads are served cold so you don’t have to worry about losing potency when heating the food up. Although you can preserve the potency of cbd olive oil by cooking your food at a low to medium temperature, that’s not going to be a concern for these recipes.
1. CBD Infused Greek Salad
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper sliced
- ⅓ cups of sliced red onions
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes sliced
- 6 ounces of feta cheese cubes or crumbled feta
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
Dressing: Use the classic CBD vinaigrette (use red wine for the choice of vinegar)
2. Salmon Cesar Salad with CBD croutons
This one is a real treat, instead of infusing the salad dressing, we decided to infuse the croutons with CBD. Adding salmon to this makes it a unique but delicious twist on a classic recipe!
For the dressing
- ½ cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons of anchovy paste
- 2-3 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 1-3 small garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together until mixed properly.
For the salmon (optional cbd twist!)
- Take out however many filets depending on how many people you’re feeding
- Glaze salmon with a ½ cup of the CBD lemon and olive oil dressing or however much is needed to cover how many filets you took out
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper onto the filet
- Wrap each salmon filet individually in parchment paper and place on a baking sheet (to hold the juices in the salmon)
- For a 6-8 oz piece of salmon cook it at 425° for 14-16 minutes
For the croutons
- 3 cups of torn bread
- 3 tablespoons of Potli CBD Infused Olive Oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Cook at 375° for 10-15 minutes on a baking sheet
For the base
- Separate 3 romaine hearts
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
3. Cobb Salad with CBD Vinaigrette
- 1 chopped head romaine lettuce
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 2 slices of crumbled bacon
- 6 oz. of diced chicken
- 1/2 of an avocado sliced
- 2 oz. of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives
Dressing: Classic CBD Vinaigrette
4. Kale and Quinoa CBD Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can of chickpeas
- A small package of kale
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¼ of a red onion
- 1 large diced zucchini
- 2 diced carrot
- ½ diced cucumber
- A squeeze of lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss with tongs in a salad bowl
For the quinoa: Boil in 2 cups of water in a pot until water evaporates
Mix in with the salad bowl and drizzle the dressing. Boom! Quinoa and kale salad.
Dressing: CBD Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
5. Mozzarella Caprese CBD Salad
This is probably one of the easiest salads to make (but also one of the most elegant).
- 1 lb of Mozzarella balls sliced into quarter inches
- 3-4 tomatoes, large slices
- 1 package of basil sprinkled over the tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons of CBD olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Dressing: Classic CBD Vinaigrette (Choose basalmic as your vinegar this time)
6. CBD Pasta Salad
Tired of all the greens and want something a bit more filling? Check out this classic pasta salad recipe, with a cbd twist you’ll get to enjoy the benefits of CBD with the taste of this delicious salad.
- 1 package of penne pasta noodles
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes cut in hald
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese balls, cut in half
- 3/4 cup of sliced kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- After you cook the pasta simply whisk it all together and you have your pasta salad!
Dressing: Classic CBD Vinegarette Dressing (use white wine vinegar for this one)
7. Antipasto CBD Salad
- Chopped Romaine lettuce
- Rolled up sliced pepperoni
- Rolled up sliced salami
- Mozzarella Cheese Balls chopped up
- 1-2 handfuls of black olives
- A can of sliced green olives
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Handful of pepperoncinis
- Canned Artichoke Hearts
- Mix in a salad bowl with tongs and you’re ready to go!
Dressing: Classic Vinaigrette Dressing (Red Wine Vinegar)
We think that there doesn’t have to be a stigma around CBD, it’s not psychoactive and doesn’t get you high. It has a plethora of benefits from pain relief, to sleep aid, to helping chronic illnesses.
That aside, we hope this article showed you that cooking with cannaoil can be a blast and is a lot more tasty than just dabbing CBD oil on your tongue and calling it a day.