Golden milk, also known as turmeric milk, is packed with antioxidants and health benefits. The key ingredient, turmeric, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, and is perfect for soothing lingering aches and pains before bed. Nicknamed “the spice of life,” turmeric has been used in traditional Hindu medicine for centuries!
Here’s how to make this powerful elixir:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp turmeric, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Potli Dream Honey
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking periodically. Heat until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture through a strainer to remove grated pieces of ginger and turmeric.
- Pour golden milk elixir into mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and sprinkle of extra nutmeg if desired. Enjoy warm.