Chili Avo Eggs Benedict
By Georgia A Lewis
Prep & Cook Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons water
- 1 ½ teaspoon Potli x Halal Hemp Certified Chili Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 large English muffin, toasted
- Thinly sliced chives
- It's important to make each part of the Eggs Benedict in a certain order: toast the English muffin and mash your avocado. Make the hollandaise sauce and keep it covered while you carefully poach the eggs. This way everything will be the right temperature and consistency when you are ready to assemble!
- An immersion blender is not required. It can be replaced with a hand-held mixer or whisk.
- The hollandaise sauce can only be kept warm for a short time and cannot be reheated!
- Begin with your hollandaise sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Swirl the butter in the pan until it is no longer frothy.
- Place the egg yolk in a cup. Add the lemon juice and water to the cup. While immersion blending, or whisking, the concoction, slowly pour the butter into the mug while the blender is still on, or while still whisking, until the sauce is completely smooth. Whisk in the Potli x Halal Hemp Certified Chili Oil and salt to taste. Store the hollandaise in a lidded container in a warm place.
- Follow with your poached egg.
- Add egg to a boiling pot of water for about 20 seconds, remove and crack the egg into a small bowl. Stir the water in a swirling motion. Pour the egg into the eye of the swirl. Continue circling the water so the egg white wraps around the yolk. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes or until the whites look set. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and place it on a dry paper towel and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the other egg.
- Place mashed avocado, on top of each half toasted English muffin. Top each muffin with a poached egg. Spoon hollandaise over the top of each and sprinkle with chives. Add another drizzle of Potli x Halal Hemp Certified Chili Oil to complete!