spicy salmon tartare
Products: Potli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Potli Sriracha
• 2 eggs, optional
• 200g sashimi-grade salmon, finely chopped
• 1Tbsp Potli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 tsp Potli Sriracha
• 1 Tbsp chives
• 1 small shallot, finely minced
• Pinch of salt
• 1 large avocado, cubed
• 1/4 tsp wasabi
• Juice of 1/4 lemon
• 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
To make sous vide eggs:
1. Set sous vide water bath to 64ºC (147ºF).
2. Gently add eggs, shell-on, into the water–no plastic bag necessary.
3. Cook for 1 hour, then remove from water with a ladle and allow to rest in cold water until ready to assemble.
To make salmon tartare:
1. Combine salmon, Potli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Potli Sriracha, chives, and shallots in a bowl. Season to taste and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Using a fork, mash avocado with wasabi and lemon juice.
3. Place 3 inch ring molds on plates and half fill each with avocado mash. Spread the salmon tartare over the top of the avocado to fill the mold, then carefully remove the mold.
4. Crack open sous vide egg and gently remove and discard the egg whites. Place sous vide egg yolk on top of the salmon tartare and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.