Healthy Bedtime Snacks for Better Sleep
How to incorporate CBD into your nighttime ritual
A proper bedtime snack can be the perfect addition to your nighttime ritual and give you better sleep. Sounding a little too good to be true? Inappropriate foods are actually a common cause of insomnia. The best snacks which help prepare you for slumber contain an amino acid called tryptophan. Tryptophan-rich foods help increase serotonin production, a chemical that plays an important role in sleep. We all love midnight snacking, here’s how to do it in a way that won’t leave you feeling guilty or damage your rest.
Bedtime Oatmeal Cookies
Our favorite oatmeal cookies are made with oatmeal, bananas, walnuts, and nut butter, which are rich in tryptophan, giving you that feel-good effect that helps you fall asleep at night. Cherries are high in melatonin, a sleep-inducing hormone that helps reduce insomnia and improve sleep efficiency. To top it all off, our Dream Honey is infused with CBN and CBD to elevate your sleep quality and help you reach your perfect blissful slumber.
Here’s what you need to take your nighttime ritual to the next level:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup dark chocolate covered cherries, chopped
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup Potli Dream Honey, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine quick oats, mashed banana, chopped walnuts, and chopped dark chocolate covered cherries. Stir mixture until combined and crumbly.
- Add peanut butter and warm Potli Dream Honey. Stir until combined.
- Eat as a no-bake cookie dough or bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Golden Milk Elixir
Golden milk, also known as turmeric milk, is packed with antioxidants and health benefits. The key ingredient, turmeric, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, and is perfect for soothing lingering aches and pains before bed. Nicknamed “the spice of life,” turmeric has been used in traditional Hindu medicine for centuries!
Here’s how to make this powerful elixir:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp turmeric, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Potli Dream Honey
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking periodically. Heat until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture through a strainer to remove grated pieces of ginger and turmeric.
- Pour golden milk elixir into mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and sprinkle of extra nutmeg if desired. Enjoy warm.
Sleepytime Nut Butter Toast
Do you love waking up to a hearty serving of toast to kick off your day? Our variation of nut butter toast uses hemp-infused Dream Honey to give your favorite breakfast food a bedtime spin. Feel free to repurpose your bananas from your fresh batch of Bedtime Oatmeal Cookies here! Bananas are not only loaded with tryptophan, but they also contain magnesium and potassium, which help relax tired muscles.
Here’s how to make a sleepytime nut butter toast to remedy your midnight tossing and turning:
- 2 thick slices of bread
- ½ cup nut butter
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp Potli Dream Honey
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- Toast 2 slices of bread.
- Divide almond butter and then bananas between the 2 pieces of toast.
- Drizzle each slice with 1 tablespoon honey, sprinkle with toasted coconut and flaky salt.